Football Betting: Tips & Best Sites
Perhaps no one doubts that football is the most popular sport. Naturally, bookmakers pay more attention to this one — the football line is traditionally more voluminous than the lines in other sports. In addition, it most often has significantly higher betting limits.
So, what should everybody know while looking where to bet on football? What tactics are effective? We are ready to share this information with you!
Online football betting
The popularity of football betting has led to all sorts of "lessons" in the art of betting. However, the most important thing is to understand the types of parlays:
- Outcome betting. This includes all the results of regular time of the match: wins by each of the teams and a draw. The highest odds and the lowest margin are most often offered.
- Handicap. A handicap is a necessary advantage or an acceptable lag of one of the teams in the final score of the match. This is a certain difference in goals scored with which the fight will end. The handicap can be positive (for example, +1.5) and negative (-1.5).
- Total. This is the complete number of goals scored in the match. The bookmaker indicates the value of the total, and you can bet on more or less in relation to this value.
- Accurate game score. As it is not difficult to guess from the name, it means betting on the exact score. This type of parlay is rarely made, but the size of the payments is impressive due to the complexity of the match prediction.
Depending on the bookmaker's office, the size of the general line can include two/three positions or several hundred original offers.
Football betting strategies
The betting strategy is the rules and principles that the players of the bookmaker's offices have derived from their personal experience. Most popular tactics:
- # 1 Double Chance Betting Strategy
This is a bet, which wins on two out of three possible outcomes. There are three choices in the double chance market:
- 1X — the victory of the first team or a draw;
- X2 — the victory of the second team or a draw;
- 12 — the victory of the first or second team.
Bet on a double chance in three cases — for the favorite's safety net, as a bet on an outsider, or a bet on a draw.
- # 2 First Half Total Goals Betting Strategy
The coefficient for the same total is always higher in the first half than in the second. Bet on a total over 1 with odds of at least 1.50. Otherwise, bet on a total over 1.5 to increase your potential profit. Crucial tip: choose the match of the teams that attack as fast as possible. And to increase the coefficient, wait 5-10 minutes and bet live.
- # 3 Late Goal Betting Strategy
Place your bet that at least one goal will be scored in the 75th minute. If the odds are much lower than 1.80, then wait 80 minutes. This tactic is relevant if there are many “dangerous” moments in the match, and none of the teams has a clear advantage in the score.
Sports betting sites
To receive your winnings with a 100% guarantee, choose a trusted site. We recommend some reliable brands for our New Zealand clients:
- 888 Sport
The selected portals were evaluated by our experts for a variety of indicators. For example, ease of registration, quality of products, speed of payments, and the number of bonus offers.
What to look for when choosing a bet?
There is no single answer to the questions of how to predict the outcome of a football match. However, collecting some information before will increase your chances. Be sure to find such data:
- The current form of the teams. This is the key to the outcome of the game. In order to correctly assess the form of the team, it is best to watch the last few matches with its participation or check the statistics on the Internet.
- Team`s position and motivation. Motivation in sports has always been the engine of the result, and football is no exception. Sometimes, teams that have already solved their problems have a habit of giving points to opponents.
- List of injured and disqualified. It is essential to find out in what lineup the team is playing and how many members have been disqualified (due to injuries, sanctions, etc.)
And of course, find out who will be the arbiter. Despite the apparent inferiority of this factor, it is important to compare the teams' style of play (rough or clean) with the referee's style of refereeing (hard or loyal).
Football is the #1 sport in the world, so NZ players can find hundreds of different betting portals. However, use only trusted sites — for example, those that we have listed. And of course, don't forget to apply strategies and analyze pre-match data before making your bet!